- Wells Hill Dental Surgery will provide treatment of a consistent and very high quality for all patients and appreciates that many will feel some inevitable and understandable apprehension.
- All patients will be communicated to in a courteous and professional manner.
- All patients will be asked about their general health, including any daily medications, to ensure safe treatment.
- All proposed treatments and other options will be explained and discussed with each patient so that they are able to make an informed decision regarding their treatment.
- No treatments will be carried out without the patient’s full consent.
- All patient-related information will be kept strictly confidential.
- Cross-infection and contamination control is essential for patient safety. Wells Hill Dental Surgery has policies and systems in place to ensure infection control which will always be fully understood and implemented by both dentist and nurses.
- Patients’ views are of prime importance and are listened to. Patients will be routinely asked to provide feedback on different aspects of the treatment they have received at our practice. All feedback will be considered and reflected on, with changes being implemented as necessary.
- Systems are in place to deal promptly and sympathetically with any patient complaints and the practice policy for such events is set out below.
- The dentist and nurses regularly take part in continuing professional development as required by General Dental Council. Changes will be implemented where relevant when this is supported by clinical studies.
The General Dental Council (GDC) is the regulatory body of the dental profession in the UK. Their address is 37 Wimpole Street, London W1G 8DQ, tel. 0207 887 3800 and website www.gdc-uk.org.
Tony Reed is registered with the GDC, (Reg no. 42296) and follows the rules governing the profession as set out by the GDC within their document “Standards for the Dental Team”.
Care Quality Commission
Wells Hill Dental Surgery is registered with the Care Quality Commission, Provider ID: 1-152945330.
The London address of the Care Quality Commission is Finsbury Tower, 103-105 Bunhill Row, London EC1Y 8TG, tel. 03000 616161 and website www.cqc.org.uk. The report of the most recent CQC inspection of Wells Hill Dental Surgery can be viewed by clicking on the CQC logo on the website.
Wells Hill Dental Surgery is fully compliant with the Data Protection Act 1998. Tony Reed is the Clinic’s data controller and is registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office, number Z5741386.
Wells Hill Dental Surgery follows the standards for patient confidentiality as set out by the General Dental Council within the document “Principles of Patient Confidentiality” which can be seen on the website.
At Wells Hill Dental Surgery, we take complaints very seriously and try to ensure that all patients are pleased with their treatment experience. If a patient complains, they are to be dealt with courteously and promptly so that the matter is resolved as quickly as possible.
Our aim is to react to complaints in the way in which we would want our complaint about a service to be handled. We are well aware that we can learn from any mistake that we make and we will therefore respond to customers’ concerns in a caring and sensitive manner. Our Code of Practice for Patient Complaints can be accessed on the website.